The energy consumption with Wassara is normally 50–80% less than with air-powered drilling systems. Another cost saving factor is the minimum wear on the equipment, due to the low up-hole velocity of the water.
Calculating total costs for a drilling project all aspects needs to be considered.
- Cost of fuel and compressor rentals – Water-powered drilling has 3-5 times less power consumption.
- Project time – When drilling in difficult formations, water-powered drilling has proven to be a versatile method effectively coping with hard, soft and water rich formations. This ensures the projects stays on time.
- Efficiency – In many applications water-powered drilling is several times faster than conventional methods. The Wassara method has similar accuracy as core drilling, still 2-5 times faster. When drilling longer holes, Wassara maintains speed over total length.
- By using the unique Wassara Jet grouting technology, several steps in the process can be eliminated.
- Wear on hammers and drill string is often considerably less due to the low up-hole velocities, hammers can also be repaired with service kits to maximise lifetime of equipment.